A L E X A N D E R

The town was known initially as Pulteney, it was renamed Alexander Station in 1885 and truncated to Alexander in 1891.
It was possibly named for early homesteader Alexander Speers but an alternate explanation is that it commemorates the middle name of Prime Minister John A. Macdonald.
The Post office opened on September 1, 1882





P

P

*
school built in 1912