A S H M O N T

An early settler named the community after his native home in Ashmont, Boston.   Ashmont began as a farming community in the early part of the 20th century.   At its peak in the 1960s it boasted a grain elevator, four general stores, a pool hall, Legion Hall, two gas stations and a school.
The Post office opened on July 1, 1915.

*
Hotel 1955