B A L C A R R E S

The town was named after the first postmaster of nearby Indian Head, Balcarres Crawford.
The Post Office opened April 1, 1884.   The CPR railway arrived in 1903.
The current population is 598.




A card mailed in Balcarres on May 15, 1886, when the town was part of the Territory of Assiniboia.

click any image to enlarge
---------- Town Views ----------



---------- Street Views ----------



---------- Railroad Views ----------


---------- Churches ----------


---------- Public Buildings ----------


---------- Residential ----------


---------- Rural Views ----------