F O R T   M A C L E O D

Post Office opened on October 1, 1883.

Fort McLeod from October 1, 1883 to September 30 1892.
Name changed to McLeod on October 1 1892.
Name changed to Fort MacLeod on June 2 1952.

YEAR
POPULATION
1901
796
1911
1844
1921
1723
1931
1447
1941
1912
1951
1860



A letter mailed in Fort Macleod on May 4, 1885, when the town was part of the Territory of Alberta.

click any image to enlarge
-------- North West Mounted Police Post --------



---------- Town Views ----------




---------- Street Views ----------










---------- Railroad Views ----------



---------- Schools ----------


---------- Churches ----------


---------- Commercial Buildings ----------






---------- Public Buildings ----------



---------- Residential ----------