W E S T L O C K

The town was Originally named Edison. The townsite was move four miles in 1913 to land taken from the homesteads of two early settlers named Westgate and Lockhart. The town name was taken from a combination if their names.
The Edison Post office opened on July 1, 1904. The new Post Office in Westlock opened on November 1, 1913.



YEAR
POPULATION
1911
97
1921
321
1931
536
1941
590
1951
1111









1925




1925

*
Edison Post Office 1913

*
1920s

*
1925

*
1925

*
UFA 1939

*
19255

*
1960s