A N T R O S S

The name "Antross" is a portmanteau (a blend) derived from the names of two prominent local timber and lumber businesses that operated in the area: Anthony Lumber and Ross Board Lumber.

The settlement's official identity was anchored by the opening of its post office on June 1, 1929. During this era, small rural post offices served as crucial community hubs for homesteaders, mail, and local trade.

Like many small prairie hamlets that relied heavily on localized resource industries, small-scale farming, and shifting regional transportation routes, Antross experienced a decline mid-century. The Antross Post Office officially closed on March 31, 1944, signaling the end of the settlement's active commercial era.