C A R L Y L E

The town was probably named for Thomas Carlyle, a Scottish writer.
The Post Office opened on December 1,1883.
The first Postmaster was J.G. Turriff, who held the position from 1883 to 1889.
Current population is 1441.



click any image to enlarge
---------- Town Views ----------




---------- Street Views ----------


---------- Railroad Views ----------


---------- Schools ----------


---------- Churches ----------


---------- Commercial Buildings ----------


---------- Farm and Rural Views ----------